Warehouse Picker/Packer Jobs Description and Duties
If you are looking for Warehouse Picker/Packer Jobs, you have come to the right place. Freerecruit.co.za is a Free online job posting site for employers to post job vacancies and for candidates to find employment. Browse through all our current warehouse and distribution jobs to see if there are any Picker/Packer jobs. Remember that companies do post new jobs every day, so set up job alerts to be notified of any new Picker/Packer jobs. Below we will outline the Warehouse Picker/Packer Jobs Description and Duties.
What is a Picker/Packer?
A Picker/Packer is based at a warehouse or distribution center (DC). Pickers/Packers are responsible for pulling and packing goods that enter and exit a warehouse. They prepare items for shipping by weighing, labeling, and packing goods into shipping containers. Employees in this role are also required to load and unload vehicles and Meet customer orders in a timely manner. The position requires maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Pulls and packs products based on customer orders.
- Fulfills customer orders in a timely manner.
- Keeps goods stored safely in an organised manner.
- Checks products for any damages, reporting problems to management.
- Operates various pieces of equipment (Loaders, Pallet Wrapper, Forklift, RF Scanners and Electrical Pallet Jacks).
- Reports any mechanical problems on equipment.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes.
- Follows good safety practices and work safe practices.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and sanitary work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literate.
- Previous experience in a warehouse.
- Good communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Understanding of warehouse safety regulations.
- High level of accuracy.
- Familiarity with hand-held scanning devices.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Possible industries a Receiving Clerk can work in
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Imports and Exports
- IT and Technology
Working as a picker/packer affords you the opportunity to gain entry into various industries. Getting a license to operate a forklift, will increase your chances of getting hired.
If you are ready to start your career as a receiving clerk, you can find opportunities on freerecruit.co.za. Alternatively, you can Register your CV free to showcase your talent and be found by recruiters hiring.
If you are a recruiter or a company looking to fill a position, you may post jobs for free on our free online job posting site.
You may also find these articles useful: