Receiving Clerk Jobs Description and Duties
If you are looking for Receiving Clerk Jobs, you have come to the right place. Freerecruit.co.za is a free online recruitment site for employers to post job vacancies for free and for jobseekers to find employment. Browse through all our current jobs to see if there are any receiving clerk jobs. Remember that companies do post new jobs every day, so set up job alerts to be notified of any new receiving clerk jobs.
We have also found that many recruiters do not post their job vacancies but search for candidate cv’s on our database. Register your cv for free and be found by employers.
What is a receiving clerk?
A receiving clerk is based at a warehouse or store. Receiving clerks are responsible for tracking the movement of goods that enter and exit a warehouse. They manage documentation related to the goods that have been dispatched as well as received. Employees in this role are also required to prepare all paperwork before deliveries are scheduled to take place. The position involves checking goods for damages and processing returns.
Receiving Clerk Duties:
- Analyze goods received to ensure they match the order and invoice.
- Taking delivery of goods received.
- Correlate purchase orders with invoices and packing slips.
- Picking orders for delivery.
- Processing returns for damaged or incorrect items.
- Organizing and storing goods in appropriate locations.
- Updating stock control system with received goods.
- Communicating with suppliers regarding any issues.
- Managing records of orders.
- Maintaining supplier records.
Receiving Clerk Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literate.
- Previous experience in a warehouse.
- Good communication skills. Both written and verbal.
- Organisational skills.
- Understanding of warehouse safety regulations.
- Knowledge of data capture and inventory software.
- Numerical skills.
- High level of accuracy.
- Familiarity with hand-held scanning devices.
Possible industries a Receiving Clerk can work in
- Warehousing and Distribution
- Imports and Exports
- IT and Technology
Working as a receiving clerk affords you the opportunity to gain entry into various industries. Getting a license to operate a forklift, may increase your chances of getting hired. If you feel that you do not yet have the necessary experience, you can find work as a picker/packer and work your way up from there.
If you are ready to start your career as a receiving clerk, you can find opportunities on freerecruit.co.za. Alternatively, you can Register your CV free to showcase your talent and be found by recruiters hiring.
If you are a recruiter or a company looking to fill a position, you may post jobs for free on our free online job posting site.
You may also find these articles useful: