Student Bursaries for 2022 Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
Student Bursaries for 2022. The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) bursary programme is open to all qualifying youth, with particular preference given to youth from Gauteng, who wish to study for an undergraduate and/or post-graduate programme at an accredited Higher Education and Training (HET) institution in South Africa.
The following students automatically qualify, but must also complete the appliction form online:
- Top Achievers from Gauteng Schools
- Top learner from no-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Top 3 learner from LSEN schools in Gauteng
- Students who completed matric and reside in Gauteng – Proof of residence required
- Students intending to study an undergraduate programme and have been accepted at an accredited PSET institution of learning and/or is currently registered for such.
- Students who want to pursue Post-Graduate studies and have been accepted at an accredited institution of higher learning
- A South African Citizen
- Youth residing in Gauteng between the age of 18 and 35
How to Apply
- Certified copy of South African ID(by birth)
- Proof of Gauteng residence
- Matric Certificate and or latest academic results(certified)
- Proof of income from parent(s) or guardian(s) or affidavit
- Letter of Motivation(not more than 2 pages)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from PSET institution
- Disability or medical report(where applicable)
The Gauteng Department of Education through its Branch, the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is
responsible for facilitation of skills development initiatives to young people in the province. Download this GPEDU_GCRA Bursary_User Guide_V1.0_20210121 to assist applicants in completing their profiles and filling out the application to submit their bursary application.
Once you have all your documents and have read through and understand the application process, you can apply online here.