Best Tips to Recruit Job Seekers Online
What is online recruitment?
Online recruitment is the process of attracting, selecting and recruitment of candidates using web-based technology. This can be done in a variety of ways from social media to online job boards like freerecruit.co.za.
When posting job ads online, it is important to have a proper strategy to help you successfully identify, attract and hire the best employees.
“Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.” Richard Branson
Online recruitment for employers
Below are the top six tools that employers should utilize while recruiting online:
- Professional Networking Sites: Posting your job vacancies to Professional networking sites can be a great way to network and source candidates. Professional sites do however come with a high price of advertising.
- University and College: Contact these institutions to find out if they have a career page for you to post vacancies. This allows you to tap into a candidate pool that will soon be searching for jobs.
- Government Portals: Local governments have websites where they list job openings for job seekers. These websites can have high volumes of traffic and are a great way to get your job ad seen.
- Job ads posting sites: Job boards and aggregators are a great way for your posting to be seen by thousands of job seekers. They do tend to be the more expensive options, but they can provide good results. Freerecruit.co.za is a free job board and aggregator site that offers all the premium tools for online recruiting at no cost.
- Social media: Growing your company’s social media presence and posting job opportunities on those platforms is another way to attract candidates.
- Company website: Think of your company website as an advertisement for candidates. Include a career section on your site. Make sure to include a clear call to action for candidates to enquire or apply for jobs.
Tools for online recruitment
The above tasks might seem laborious to pursue. At freerecruit we offer many free-to-use recruitment tools that will allow you to increase the efficiency of your online recruitment process as an employer. Some of the free features you can expect as an employer are:
- Easy to use and manage job postings. Sleek design with built-in features to assist you in finding your perfect candidate. Companies / Recruiters can post jobs for free.
- Search for candidates. Browse through online resumes and apply filters such as skills, salary/rate, geo-location to narrow down your search. Companies / Recruiters can search cvs for free.
- Applications management. Submitted applications are visible and can be easily managed. Job applications can be given private notes, ratings, and organised by status. If you prefer candidates to directly apply via email or your own online platform, these options are also available.
- Bookmarks. As a recruiter, you often need a quick way to manage your lists. With bookmarks, you can. As an employer, you can add bookmarks to candidates’ resumes and never lose track again.
- Private Messaging. Our platform comes with a smart private messaging system wherein employers can contact candidates directly.
- Job boards and aggregators. We have partnered with a number of job aggregator sites, including Google and other search engines. This ensures that your job postings will capitalize on our website traffic and appear in search results.
Tips for posting your online job vacancies
Job Title Must be Clear, Direct, and Specific.
Be clear, concise, and to the point but don’t overdo it. Stay away from general titles such as “cleaner” or “driver”. The wrong job title could cost you time and money.
The Job Opportunity Description.
Job seekers exploring new career opportunities need compelling reasons to choose your job posting over the competition. Make it attractive and describe exactly what the job entails.
The Company vision and culture.
Consider providing the job seeker with a brief overview of your company culture. Share some of your company’s best achievements.
You want a candidate to read the entire job description so get them interested right away.
Structure your Online Job Posting
Candidates searching for jobs online may look at hundreds of job posts daily. Keep the job description brief. In our experience, a long-winded job description can turn candidates off which reduces your number of job applications.
- Introduction: A paragraph describing your company, a summary of the position, and what makes the position attractive.
- Duties and Responsibilities: Use bullet points. Five to ten bullet points is a good number to aim for. Keep them to the point.
- Requirements/Qualifications: Again have bullet points. Place must-have requirements first, preferred requirements second, and bonus requirements last.
- Pay range, benefits, and perks: Putting pay and benefits on the job description is vital.
- Closing Date: Putting a closing date is important for applicants.
Describe the application process.
You should describe your interview process here, your timeline for hiring applicants, and instructions for applying to the role.
“The real competitive advantage in any business is one word only, which is “people”. Kamil Toume
Where Should You Post Your Job Ad?
Freerecruit.co.za is a free online job site for employers to post job vacancies and for candidates to find employment. We offer free recruitment tools to assist employers in finding and hiring the best employees. If you are a company or recruiter currently looking for quality candidates, you can download candidate CV’s for free or post jobs for free online. If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.