Gauteng Department of Health: Bursary to Study Medicine in Cuba
The Gauteng Department of Health hereby invites all prospective students from disadvantaged backgrounds who would like to study medicine in Cuba to apply for a bursary.
- University entrance Grade 12 pass with the minimum Level 4 pass marks in Physical Science, Maths, Biology/Life Sciences and English.
- South African citizen.
- Permanent resident in Gauteng.
- Between the ages, 18-35 years of age before 31 December 2021.
- Medically fit to study medicine.
How to Apply
Download Application Form: Cuban Medicine Bursary application form 2021
Two (2) original certified copies, not older than 6 months of the following documents must be included with the application form:
- Birth Certificate (the applicant and all dependents of the parents)
- Identification document- (Applicant and parents/guardian)
- National Senior Certificate
- Proof of income of both parents or guardians. Sworn affidavits for those without proof
- Proof of residence in the form of a Municipal utility bill or account. Registered in parent
or guardian’s name
All completed applications to be hand-delivered to:
Gauteng Department of Health, Wellness Centre 1st Floor No. 45 Commissioner Street, Life Centre Building, Marshalltown, Johannesburg 2107.
Mrs Tshilidzi Mthangeni: 082 941 8129 | Dr Sipho Senabe: 066 307 5124.
Only successful applicants will be contacted. If you have not heard from the Department within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: 25 June 2021