eThekwini Municipality Student Bursaries for undergraduate studies 2021 academic year
EThekwini Municipality hereby invites interested persons to apply for bursaries for 2021 academic year. The bursary will fund the following study fields:
- BSc/ BEng: Civil
- BSc/ BEng: Electrical
- BSc/ BEng: Electrical (Heavy Current);
- BSc/ BEng: Electronic;
- BSc/ BEng: Chemical Engineering
- BSc in Property Development.
- BSc in Computer Science
- BSc Environmental Science/Conservation Biology/Ecology
Preference will be given to applicants who have passed at least their first year of studies at a recognized public institution, and applicants must include their full academic record. Applications from students who are only due to start their studies in 2021 must include proof of their acceptance from a South African public university and matric results.
Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals or stipend, accommodation, a book allowance and a once off computer allowance which is provided for- during the second year of study (subject to compliance with the agreement).
Priority will be given to applicants who are underrepresented in terms of race, gender and disability and to eThekwini residents.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED OR NOTIFIED WITHIN TEN WEEKS FROM THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ADVERT SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES UNSUCCESSFUL.
Eligibility Requirements Applicants must satisfy the following minimum set criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen;
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric;
- Strong academic record;
- Studying or plan to study full-time towards an undergraduate qualification in one of the above mentioned fields of study;
- Studying or plan to study at a recognized South African public tertiary institution;
- Accepted to study for any of the above qualifications.
- Benefits Not Applicable
Contact Name Lihle Sishi / Mndeni Gumede
Contact Telephone 031 311 3192 / 3183
Closing Date 2021/02/05
Reference Number ETH210129-10