Processing Operations Superintendent
Western Cape (Lutzville)
R1.2m per annum ctc
Candidate will report to the Processing Manager and be responsible for optimisation of the production process and continuous improvement of current practices, methods, equipment and processes in a safe manner, in order to achieve and ultimately exceed production targets while reducing production costs.
Key areas of responsibility and duties
• Maintain and positively reinforce an active safety culture, leading by example
• Manage and ensure SHEQ within the relevant production areas
• Provide leadership in dealing with technical and/or staffing challenges
• Ensure good housekeeping in the relevant production areas
• Contribute to setting and ensure achievement of production targets while adhering to relevant standards and specification.
• Keeping up to date with business plans and objectives, and aligns activities/outputs to achieve production targets
• Ensure effective communication between relevant departments and alignment between operations and relevant departments within the mine
• Demonstrate innovation for production and related process improvements
• Plan and schedule resources, including external contractors for optimal productivity during normal operation as well as plant shutdowns.
• Involvement in production planning
• Detailed production reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Efficiently communicate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production plans to relevant stakeholders
Minimum qualifications and experience requirements
• B Engineering, BSc Engineering or equivalent degree in chemical or process engineering.
• 8 years relevant experience in process plant operations.
• Experience in mineral sands would be advantageous.
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
We have a great opportunity for you to join our extraordinary team at Sishen Mine in a Three-year Artisan Learnership...Apply For This Job
AECI Mining Explosives is looking to recruit a UBS Technician to work in the Northern Cape at Black Rock Mine....Apply For This Job
An opportunity has become available for a Maintenance Specialist Logistics to join Tubatse Ferrochrome Smelter, situated in Steelpoort, Limpopo. The...Apply For This Job
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Maintenance Coordinator Instrumentation at Dikwena Chrome situated in Brits, North West. The...Apply For This Job
AECI Mining Explosives is looking to recruit a SHE Manager to work in Modderfontein. To lead and direct a team...Apply For This Job