CREATIVE DIRECTOR – Film & Video
Ultramarine Films seeks a freelance Creative Director (Film & Video) to work on a wide range of projects including; short-form commercial films, campaign content for global brands and ‘pitch-projects’ that specifically target new business.
The Creative Director must turn simple briefs into superb creative assets.
The ideal applicant will have a proven professional track-record of ideation, concepting, and creative copywriting (perhaps the most important core strength).
In addition, they will have a first-class showreel of commercial film and video projects that have won acclaim and reached global audiences.
This is a hands-on role that requires the Creative Director (Film & Video) to ensure the success of every phase of a creative project end-to end; from research and ideation; to refinement and pitch delivery; through production & post-production.
• Report to the Executive Producer
• Turn briefs into superb creative assets
• Deliver Creative Concepts via concepting, copy writing and pitch producing
• Build creative concepts according to stakeholder & budget requirements
• Manage storyboard artists, video editors & graphic designers on pitch campaigns
• Manage film & video production & post-production teams to produce world class content
• Make the complex, simple: both for our policy-driven clients, and our creative teams
Key Skills Required:
• Proven Creative Director background (a mixed project portfolio from different clients).
• Proven experience of creative project management and high-profile client servicing
• Mastery of English Language (written and spoken)
• A strong aesthetic / writing sense with proven conceptual and brainstorming skills
• Ability to carry out a concept from start to end & guide those on your team to do the same
• Ability to schedule effectively and to work to tight deadlines
• Cross-Platform Intelligence (Adobe expertise essential)
• Great organizational skills with the ability to deliver both quality & quantity
• Strong knowledge of platform/industry/creative trends and digital best practices
• Ability to come up with (and present) strong concepts for copy/visuals
• Professional understanding of creative production processes (film & video)
• Proven interpersonal skills with ability to adapt communication across teams.
• Ability to adapt quickly and simplify complexity
• A proactive, positive and hands-on team player and communicator
Please ensure your application includes a current CV which includes links to relevant work.
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
Senior Producer in Qatar (Hiring South Africans) An experienced Senior Producer is required to join a high-end, content production team embedded within a...Apply For This Job
Producer in Qatar (Hiring South Africans) Description An experienced Producer is required to join a high-end, content production team embedded within a...Apply For This Job