A position exists within the Tirisano Construction Fund team for a Quantity Surveyor. The position will be based on a three-year (36 month) fixed-term contract
The Quantity Surveyor works under the guidance and leadership of the Chief Technical Offices and is responsible for the successful completion and day-to-day tasks for projects, contracts and any other tasks assigned to him by the Chief Technical Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Produce Bills of Quantities utilising a variety of software tools including WinQS and Dimension X, applying various methods of measurement, SANS referencing and measurement groups.
• Produce complete Enquiry and Contract Documents (supply and construction), including sub-contracts, including measurement & description of work, drafting of preliminaries, preambles and contract conditions (utilising NEC, FIDIC, GCC Blue Book or Bespoke conditions of contract as its basis).
• Produce Tender Evaluation and Adjudication Recommendation (TEAR) reports.
• Check Junior QS measurements or IDC part-time QS measurements for payment certificate purposes.
• Produce payment certificates.
• Produce monthly cost report assisted by a Junior QS and/or IDC part-time QS if required.
• Give input and assistance on Claims Assessment and Management Claims Assessment and Management.
• Produce Final Accounts.
• Carry out general Contract Administration functions.
• Produce Budgets and Cost Forecasting / cash flow analyses for Cost Control purposes.
• Set-up Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS).
• Produce CAPEX Estimating Plans.
• Produce complete CAPEX Estimates including Direct Costs (e.g. Construction and Procurement Items Costs) and Indirect Costs (e.g. EPCM Costs, Owner’s Costs, Escalation, FOREX, Contingencies etc.).
• Produce Cash-Flow estimates.
• Produce detailed CAPEX Estimate Basis of Estimate.
• Produce CAPEX Estimate Benchmarking and Validation/Audit reports.
• Attendance of all progress, cost, contractual and commercial meetings at Client and/or EPCM offices.
• Attendance of site inspection meetings and compile minutes.
• Attendance of post tender clarification meetings and compile minutes.
• Attendance of any ad-hoc site meetings.
• Assist management with contractual advice to clients (by PrQS only).
• Filing drawings and other project-specific information electronically and according to an alpha-numeric approach, to be developed.
• Compilation and updating of registers (including drawing register, correspondence register & claims register).
• Filing (hard & soft copies).
• B.Sc. QS (Hons); PMAQS;
• B.Sc. or B.Tech QS
• PrQS registration will be an advantage
• Working knowledge of African languages will be an advantage
Knowledge & experience
• Minimum 5 years practical experience in a relevant projects environment.
• Registered as a professional QS will be an advantage, but must be willing and able to register within one calendar year after appointment.
• 8 year’s practical experience in a relevant projects environment and at least 5 years as a junior Quantity Surveyor.
• Claims Assessment and Management Claims Assessment and Management
• Thorough understanding of the complexities of deploying civil infrastructure projects in rural areas and remote communities
• Legal Terminology
• Relevant Standards, Procedures and Templates
• Data Analysis
• Information/Records Administration
• Safety and Health Management
• WinQS and Dimension X
• MS-Word and MS-Excel
• Measurement and Bills of Quantities (Building Work, Earthworks & Civils, SMPP, E&I)
• Compilation of Enquiry and Contract Documents
• Contract Conditions (NEC, FIDIC, GCC Blue Book, Bespoke)
• Tender Evaluation and Adjudication Reports (TEAR)
• Payment Certifications
• Final Accounts
• Contract Administration
• Cost Control, Budgets and Forecasting
• Minutes of Meetings
• Creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS)
• CAPEX Estimating
• Escalation Indices
• Interpersonal Behaviour
• Attention to Detail
• Results Driven
• Job-Focused Learning
• Planning and Organising
• Problem Solving/Analytical Thinking
• Decision Making
• Data Analysis
• Office Technology
• Work Co-Ordination
• Ability to engage with rural communities and entrepreneurs who aspire to be contractors or sub-contractors on Tirisano projects, with a view to mentoring, upskilling and developing to maximise local benefit to communities
Closing date: not specified
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via https://freerecruit.co.za
Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice.
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
Semi-Skilled Mechanical Project Machinery Assembly Workers – Urgent- JHB – on Fixed Term Contract- could be ongoing No Red Seal...Apply For This Job
Mechanical Degree Design Engineer Automation Engineering Systems – JHB / Westrand Must be able to start immediately or within 1-2...Apply For This Job
Daver has an opportunity for Learnership Diesel Mechanics. The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum eligibility requirements • Grade...Apply For This Job
Solidworks Sheet Metal Mechanical Draftsman in Fabrication Manufacture Production – JHB Age 24 years – 42 years Must be able...Apply For This Job
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Fitter to be based at the McCain Springs...Apply For This Job