WHAT YOU WILL DO
Operate and maintain an effective engineering spare parts storage system.
Maintain the correct engineering stock levels.
Ensure that all engineering materials are receipted and booked in on the materials management system.
Maintain accurate records of all engineering materials transactions.
Complete routine stores stock inventory levels under audit conditions when required.
Complete goods movement transactions of the materials system in a timely manner
Assist in the offloading of deliveries as and when required.
Develop proactive relationships with OEM’s and 3rd party suppliers.
Ensure the security of stock
Check stock on arrival to ensure deliveries are correct and to the right quality
Liaise with key production and engineering personnel
Support training the users of the stores in the procedures to maintain good operation
• Engineering and Production Colleagues
• External Suppliers
Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Minimum of two years’ experience working within a stores environment
• Engineering background experience preferred.
• Good understanding and knowledge of site and stores procedures.
• High numerical ability
• Good communication skills
• Good planning and resource allocation skills
• High level of personal discipline
• Appropriate engineering qualification, including diagnostic skills
• Intermediate level of computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications
• Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMs)
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Strong problem solving ability
• Ability to liaise with and schedule external contractors and OEM’s
• Willingness to embrace future methods of electronically recording information
• Understanding of MRP and Procurement
Closing date: not specified
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
Our Management Trainee Programme offers exceptional development opportunities to self-motivated, talented individuals that enables them to achieve their career ambitions!...Apply For This Job
To process inbound and outbound sales orders and assist with customer queries including delivery times, quality complaints, product enquiries, out...Apply For This Job
The Tiger Brands Management Trainee Programme is a 24-month accelerated development programme which aims to recruit bachelor’s degree / Btech...Apply For This Job
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ requires a Receiving Clerk for their Liberty Promenade Store – Western Cape Region. You will ensure the efficient...Apply For This Job
An opportunity to work on and support projects within Tiger Brands. You will encounter many of the different areas within...Apply For This Job
The above position has become available for our Rosebank Garden Centre. The purpose of this role will be to receive...Apply For This Job