The Financial Accountant is responsible for overseeing the accurate and complete reporting of the group financial results. The role is varied and consists of general auditing of the books and statutory returns as well as getting involved in providing the strategic information required to make the company successful.
Given the fast paced environment in which the company operates, many various ad hoc projects form part of the day to day job.
Key performance areas
– Monthly reviewing of group books ensuring accuracy and completeness
– Provision of monthly results
– Assist with budgeting and forecasting
– Deal with auditors, ensuring financials are signed off timeously
– Review monthly VAT, reconciliations and creditors.
– Review work of recon clerks and bookkeepers
– Detect internal control weaknesses and implement compensating controls
– Ensure all controls that are implemented are working properly
– Assist with and manage ad-hoc reporting
– Assist with numerous ad hoc projects
Skills and attributes
– Newly qualified accountant (CA/CPA)
– Excellent understanding of financial reporting and statutory returns
– Strong Excel skills essential
– Logical and analytical thinking processors
If you meet the above qualifications, please email a detailed CV to: email@example.com
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
Chief Operations Officer ( JB731) Durban Negotiable/Market Related Chief Operating & Commercial Officer with a strong background in operations, financial...Apply For This Job
Chief Operating & Strategic Director (JB715) Johannesburg Market Related Currently sourcing for a COO / Chief Operating, Strategic &...Apply For This Job
Register TODAY with ‘My African Farm Market’ as a CRYPTO CURRENCY retail agent and earn money today with an onboard...Apply For This Job
Junior Bookkeeper (JB1121) Location: Randburg, Johannesburg Salary: R10 000 – R14 000 per month Automotive company based in Randburg...Apply For This Job
Essential Requirements: • Grade 12 • Min 2 years VIP payroll experience • Basic HR administration • Basic bookkeeping...Apply For This Job