The Financial Accountant is responsible for overseeing the accurate and complete reporting of the group financial results. The role is varied and consists of general auditing of the books and statutory returns as well as getting involved in providing the strategic information required to make the company successful.
Given the fast paced environment in which the company operates, many various ad hoc projects form part of the day to day job.
Key performance areas
– Monthly reviewing of group books ensuring accuracy and completeness
– Provision of monthly results
– Assist with budgeting and forecasting
– Deal with auditors, ensuring financials are signed off timeously
– Review monthly VAT, reconciliations and creditors.
– Review work of recon clerks and bookkeepers
– Detect internal control weaknesses and implement compensating controls
– Ensure all controls that are implemented are working properly
– Assist with and manage ad-hoc reporting
– Assist with numerous ad hoc projects
Skills and attributes
– Newly qualified accountant (CA/CPA)
– Excellent understanding of financial reporting and statutory returns
– Strong Excel skills essential
– Logical and analytical thinking processors
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
The incumbent is responsible for the management of client accounts through receivables and ensuring monies are collected timeously. Requirements RESPONSIBILITIES...Apply For This Job
The Tiger Brands Management Trainee Programme is a 24-month accelerated development programme which aims to recruit bachelor’s degree / Btech...Apply For This Job
Corporate success at Bosch is determined by innovation capability and an edge in know-how. Accept with us the challenge of...Apply For This Job
Key Responsibilities: ● Bookkeeping up to trial balance ● Accounts Payable ● Accounts receivable ● Record Transactions Minimum requirements:...Apply For This Job
Description Are you a CA(SA) student? Are you looking for a trainee contract that offers you broad exposure to a...Apply For This Job
Our Management Trainee Programme offers exceptional development opportunities to self-motivated, talented individuals that enables them to achieve their career ambitions!...Apply For This Job