The Financial Accountant is responsible for overseeing the accurate and complete reporting of the group financial results. The role is varied and consists of general auditing of the books and statutory returns as well as getting involved in providing the strategic information required to make the company successful.
Given the fast paced environment in which the company operates, many various ad hoc projects form part of the day to day job.
Key performance areas
– Monthly reviewing of group books ensuring accuracy and completeness
– Provision of monthly results
– Assist with budgeting and forecasting
– Deal with auditors, ensuring financials are signed off timeously
– Review monthly VAT, reconciliations and creditors.
– Review work of recon clerks and bookkeepers
– Detect internal control weaknesses and implement compensating controls
– Ensure all controls that are implemented are working properly
– Assist with and manage ad-hoc reporting
– Assist with numerous ad hoc projects
Skills and attributes
– Newly qualified accountant (CA/CPA)
– Excellent understanding of financial reporting and statutory returns
– Strong Excel skills essential
– Logical and analytical thinking processors
If you meet the above qualifications, please email a detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
Description Essential requirements: ● CA(SA) ● Very strong leadership skills to manage staff ● Strong financial and analytical skills ● ...Apply For This Job
This is a busy environment supporting the financial functions of the company, including: managing the administration associated with agency worker...Apply For This Job
Minimum requirements : – VIP or Payspace payrolls experience – Minimum of 2 years’ experience in processing payrolls...Apply For This Job
Hennopspark, Centurion: JUNIOR BOOKKEEPER Minimum Requirements: -Professional Afrikaans speaking female -Afrikaans and English first and second languages a must (Afr...Apply For This Job
We are looking for an experienced, Bookkeeper/Office Manager. Duties: All bookkeeping and reporting: payroll, payroll tax, accounts payable and receivable,...Apply For This Job
Junior Property Bookkeeper/Processor (Property Industry) JB1266 Stellenbosch (Cape Town) R10 000 – R16 000 per month, depending on experience ...Apply For This Job