The Känguru Institute for the Disabled is looking for a recently qualified Professional Nurse to join the multidisciplinary team at Känguru Institute for the Disabled.
The Känguru Institute for the Disabled is a residential care centre for severe-profound physical and/or intellectual disabled children and adolescents.
The centre offers shelter for 42 children / adolescents with disabilities, twenty-four hours a day, and three hundred and sixty-five days a year.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing care to children with physical disabilities while adhering to compliance standards. This candidate should be able to recognize patient needs and prioritize those needs with the needs outlined by physicians. The ideal candidate should be familiar with administering of prescribed medication. Candidate should be able to handle a crisis situation in a calm manner. Must have good leader skills, have good communication and conflict resolution skills and be able to work in a multidisciplinary team.
· Assure quality care by adhering to standards set by the physicians, occupational, physio – and speech therapists
· Provide home care education to the parents and the care workers in the home in person or over the phone
· Adhere to compliance guidelines throughout processes (OSHA, FDA, HIPAA)
· Provide basic training for staff on work related topics
Qualifications / Requirements
· Must be a Registered Professional Nurse with current licensure
· CPR, and BCLS Certification
· Knowledge of OSHA, FDA, and HIPAA compliance
· Candidate must be able to lift and position patients and transport patients
· Paediatric work experience
· Working experience with persons with a disability
· Must have a valid driver’s licence
EMAIL YOUR CV TO: email@example.com
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post