A leader in its industry is currently seeking for an Internal Audit Manager to join their team, the main function of this role is to provide independent and objective assurance in the evaluation of the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes to enable the organisation to achieve its objectives and goals.
The successful applicant duties include but is not limited to:
Internal Audit Strategy Development
•Develop the 3-year Internal Audit Strategy for submission to the CFO, EXCO and Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) for review and approval, encompassing
•Develop an annual plan aligned to the 3-year Internal Audit Strategy for submission to the CFO, EXCO and ARC for review and approval
•Ensure working paper files are obtained from co-sourced partners and loaded into the GRC tool
Internal Audit Management
•Communicate Audit Plan with Heads of Departments in a timely manner.
•Prepare engagement documents to determine the scope of the engagement.
•Liaise with Heads of Departments to agree on the timing and preparation requirements for the audit in order to achieve timeous execution of audits aligned to the Audit Plan.
•Prepare planning documents to provide oversight of the environment to be audited and to identify matters to be addressed during the audit
•Manage the implementation of the Audit Plan through the provision of oversight of the audits carried out
Audit Reporting and Follow-Ups
•Prepare concise, accurate, relevant and useful findings reports for submission to the CFO for review to feedback on the following:
vIdentification of root causes and the recommendations to close identified gaps
vIdentification of the interventions required by management and the timelines for implementation.
•Provide recommendations that address the observations and causes identified.
•Communicate with the relevant Head of Department to address findings following the audit.
•Facilitate exit meetings to report on audit findings, address any issues and receive comments.
•Initiate and review follow-up reports on management activity to determine if the agreed action plans have taken place and that there has been timeous submission of audit reports.
•Report all significant finding on a quarterly basis to the Audit and Risk Committee including status on findings resolution
▪ Train, mentor and coach subordinates based on development needs identified.
▪ Set and agree performance areas with subordinates and manage employee performance in accordance with HR policy and procedure.
▪ Delegate work to subordinates in order to maximise productivity.
▪ Manage staff resources and productivity, minimizing absenteeism.
▪ Discipline staff in accordance with organizational codes and procedures so that improvement is shown.
▪ Facilitate communication through appropriate structures and systems.
▪ Prepare annual budget aligned to the Internal Audit Strategy to determine resourcing requirements.
▪ Monitor the budget on a monthly basis and report on any variances of over or under spend.
▪ Manage expenses within budget allocated.
▪ Sign off on departmental expenses within the allocated delegation of authority.
▪ Participate in Exco as per invitation, conducting presentations to provide feedback on:
v Audits carried out
v Progress against the Audit Plan
v Challenges experienced during audit implementation.
▪ Participate in Audit & Risk Committee meetings, conducting quarterly presentations to report on risk management issues and the internal control deficiencies identified and provide recommendations to address organisational risks.
▪ Liaise with Risk & Compliance Department during audits to address challenges and attend to matters related to compliance.
▪ Provide regular feedback to the CFO on the status of the Audit Plan implementation and to highlight any areas of risk.
▪ Coordinate the external audit activities on an annual basis
▪ Manage relationships with line management during the audit process through communication of the Audit Plan and implementation of the audits, achieving adherence to the audit plan.
▪ Develop internal audit project document for the identified project.
▪ Manage project assurance in respect of project implementation through verification of the quality of project deliverables within the allocated timeframes.
▪ Prepare an assurance report for submission to the CFO for review.
•Relevant Honours Degree
•Registered with Institute of Internal Auditors SA (IIA)
•Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
•At least 10 years job-related experience, which should include at least 3 years’ experience in a strategic leadership role.
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED], Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
Closing Date: 31 March 2021
View and apply for this and other vacancies online via freerecruit.co.za Companies can expire their jobs at any time at their own discretion and without notice. Please beware of recruitment scams in the market. If something seems out of place about the company or agency please Contact us immediately or report it to the Department of Labour or your nearest South African Police Services.
Share this job post
Payroll Stat Returns Finance Produce Financial Statements Debtors Creditors Cash Book Balance Ledgers Pastel V11 Level of Education – Any...Apply For This Job
FR JHB 19/02 Internal audit and corporate governance. Assist with accounting related queries at branch level . Review stock...Apply For This Job
Hollywoodbets has exciting opportunities for X2 IBranch Business Analysts (Junior) to be based at our Umhlanga Office in Durban. This...Apply For This Job
This Internship is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community. An internship programme is an intervention by the City of...Apply For This Job
Manage the Audit manager and team leader, trainee accountants including all relevant functions pertaining to Audits and Accounting. Minimum BCom...Apply For This Job