How to use the freerecruit platform
Follow these steps to find out how to use and make the most of the freerecruit.co.za platform
The first thing you will need to do is Register as a candidate. To do this follow these steps:
- On the top right-hand side of the screen, click on register.
- Make sure the Candidate block is green.
- Enter a username that is unique to you.
- Then fill in your email address. Please make sure you enter the correct email address with no spelling mistakes.
- Then click in the I’m not a robot box to confirm you are human.
- And finally, click on the Register your account block.
- You will automatically now be logged in as a user of the system. Your password will be sent to your email address. If you do not receive it, please check your spam folder.
2. Complete your online profile
- Move over to “For Job Seekers” in the menu above, then click on “My Profile”. (https://www.freerecruit.co.za/my-profile/)
- Complete all fields and then click on the Save Changes box.
Your profile is now complete. This information can be changed/updated at any time by following the steps above.
3. Create your online CV (Resume).
- Move over to “For Job Seekers” in the menu above, then click on “Submit CV”. (https://www.freerecruit.co.za/submit-resume/)
- Scroll down the page and complete all fields. Please remember that the more information you provide will make your CV more attractive to future employers. Make sure that you list all your education and experience. Also, make sure that your contact details are accurate and up-to-date.
- Once you have completed all the fields, click on the Preview button.
- On the next page, double-check that all your information is correct and up-to-date. Check your contact details again and make sure your grammar and spelling are all correct.
- If you are happy, then click on the Submit Resume block.
- Well done! Your online CV/Resume is now live and visible to employers.
4. Create Job Alerts.
Job Alerts will notify you via email of any new jobs that become available based on your criteria. So for example, if you are looking for an Admin Job in Johannesburg, you can setup an alert based on that criteria and the system will send you an email when any new Admin Jobs in Johannesburg become available on the site.
To set up Job Alerts, follow these steps:
- Move over to “For Job Seekers” in the menu above, then click on “Create Job Alerts”. (https://www.freerecruit.co.za/job-alerts/)
- Scroll down and click on the “Add Alert” green button.
- You will then be directed to the “Add alert” form.
- Give the alert a name. e.g. My Admin job alert.
- Optionally add a keyword. e.g Admin or administration.
- Enter a location. e.g Johannesburg
- Select the Category by clicking in the box. This will give you a drop-down with options e.g Administration & Clerical Jobs.
- You can then select a Job type. This is optional. e.g Full Time
- Then in the last box, you can setup the email frequency. So if you would like this alert sent to you Daily, then select daily. Monthly will send it once a month and weekly, once a week.
- Click on the Save Alert box.
- Well done! You have now set a job alert and will start receiving them directly to your email inbox.
View our youtube video tutorials:
Video Tutorial 1: How to register at freerecruit co za
Video Tutorial 2: How to create a profile on freerecruit co za
Video Tutorial 3: How to create your free online CV at freerecruit co za
Video Tutorial 4: How to create Job Alerts
We hope that this article helped to show you how to use and make the most of the freerecruit.co.za platform. If you are still struggling with any of the steps above, please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.